What is digital accessibility?
An accessible website is one that allows people with disabilities to access its content and functionality without difficulty.
For example, an accessible website allows users to:
- Browse with a voice synthesiser and/or a Braille display (used in particular by blind and partially-sighted people).
- Customise the display of the site according to your needs (enlarge or shrink the characters, change the colors, etc.).
- Browse without using the mouse (with the keyboard only, via a touch screen, by voice or any other suitable device).
To do this, the site must comply with the standards in force when it is created and updated.
To learn more about TotalEnergies' digital accessibility strategy:
TotalEnergies undertakes to make its websites (internet, intranet and extranet), software packages, mobile applications and digital street furniture accessible in accordance with article 47 of law no. 2005-102 of 11 February 2005.
This accessibility statement applies to https://totalenergies.com/.
The https://totalenergies.com/ website is partially compliant with the General Accessibility Improvement Guidelines (RGAA) version 4.1. The non-conformities and derogations are listed below.
A compliance audit conducted by Atalan in July 2022, followed by a counter-audit conducted in October 2022, reveals that 74% of the RGAA version 4.1 criteria are met.
List of non-compliant criteria :
- 1.2 Is each decorative image correctly ignored by the assistance technologies?
- 1.3 For each information-bearing image with a textual alternative, is this alternative relevant (excluding special cases)?
- 2.1 Does each online frame have a frame title?
- 3.1 In every web page, information should not be given by color alone. Is this rule respected?
- 3.2 In each web page, is the contrast between the color of the text and the color of its background sufficiently high (excluding special cases)?
- 3.3 In each web page, are the colors used in the interface components or graphic elements carrying information sufficiently contrasting (except in special cases)?
- 4.5 Does each pre-recorded time-lapse media have, if necessary, a synchronised audio description (excluding special cases)?
- 4.11 Is the viewing of each time medium, if necessary, controllable by keyboard and any pointing device?
- 4.13 Is every temporal and non-temporal medium compatible with the assistant technologies (excluding special cases)?
- 6.1 Is every link explicit (excluding special cases)?
- 7.1 Is each script, where necessary, compatible with the assistant technologies?
- 7.3 Is each script controllable by the keyboard and by any pointing device (excluding special cases)?
- 8.2 For each web page, is the generated source code valid for the specified document type?
- 8.9 In every web page, tags should not be used for presentation purposes only. Is this rule respected?
- 9.1 In each web page, is the information structured by the appropriate use of headings?
- 9.2 In each web page, is the structure of the document consistent?
- 10.1 Are style sheets used on the website to control the presentation of information?
- 10.3 Is the information on each Web page understandable when style sheets are disabled?
- 10.7 In each web page, for each element receiving focus, is the focus capture visible?
- 13.3 Is there an accessible version of each web page or office document available for download (excluding special cases)?
Preparation of this accessibility declaration
This declaration was drawn up on 27 October 2022.
Technologies used to create the site
The content rendering checks were performed with the following browser and screen reader combinations:
- Firefox 102 et NVDA 2022.1
- Firefox 102 et JAWS 2021
- Android 11 / Talkback 13 and Chrome 103
Tools for assessing accessibility
- Color Contrast Analyser
- Firefox development tool
- Web Developer (Firefox extension)
Pages of the site that have been subject to the compliance check
- Home page
- Contact page
- Legal information
- Site Map
- Search results
- Solar and wind power
- Why invest in TotalEnergies?
- Transforming ourselves to reinvent energy
Feedback and contact
If you are unable to access a content or service, you may contact the site manager to be directed to an accessible alternative or to obtain the content in another form.
- Send a message using our contact form
- Contact TotalEnergies SE, Direction de la Communication by email: [email protected]
This procedure should be used in the following case.
You have notified the website manager of a lack of accessibility that prevents you from accessing content or services on the portal and you have not received a satisfactory response.
- Write a message to the Rights Defender.
- Contact the delegate of the Rights Defender in your region.
- Send a letter by post (free of charge, do not put a stamp on):
Défenseur des droits
Libre réponse 71120
75342 Paris CEDEX 07