LEAD participation demonstrates a company’s ongoing commitment to the United Nations Global Compact and its Ten Principles
September 20, 2021 — TotalEnergies has today been announced as a Global Compact LEAD participant for its ongoing commitment to the United Nations Global Compact and its Ten Principles for responsible business.
TotalEnergies was identified as being among the most highly-engaged participants of the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative.
Sanda Ojiambo, CEO and Executive Director of the UN Global Compact, said, “LEAD companies represent the highest level of engagement with the UN Global Compact. More than ever before, the world needs businesses of all sizes — like the ones announced as LEAD today — that continuously work to improve their sustainability performance and take action to build a better world.”
To be eligible for LEAD, a company must:
- Be a participant in at least two UN Global Compact Action Platforms to demonstrate its engagement with the UN Global Compact and commitment to defining and fostering leadership practices in line with the Ten Principles and the Global Goals
- Submit or commit to submitting an Advanced Communication on Progress — an annual sustainability report detailing progress on implementing the Ten Principles.
TotalEnergies has demonstrated its commitment to the UN Global Compact this year by participating in Action Platforms on:
- Decent work in global supply chain
- Peace, Justice and strong institutions
- Sustainable Ocean Business
Each UN Global Compact Action Platform convenes business, Global Compact Local Networks, leading experts, civil society, Governments and UN partners to solve complex and interconnected issues and innovate around the Sustainable Development Goals. TotalEnergies’ Communication on Progress (CoP) and other related information is available in its Participant profile on the UN Global Compact website.
Since joining the UN Global Compact in 2002, TotalEnergies has been proud to be part of a global movement of sustainable companies and stakeholders. By adopting a principles-based approach to sustainability, TotalEnergies is taking shared responsibility for building a better world.